An unlucky Liveline listener's hands went on fire after he used alcohol wipes before going into mass.
Tim Hendricken, from Palmerstown in Dublin, told Joe Duffy on RTE Radio 1 that he had wiped his hands and then went to light a candle.
He was shocked when his hands went on fire, but thankfully was able to extinguish the flames quickly.
Tim recalled: "I called into a church on Saturday morning, and as we're all told we have to wash our hands. So I used the sanitiser in the porch of the Church.
"I walked maybe three metres across to light a few candles, and Joe, my two hands went on fire."
Tim suggested the blaze was caused by vapours from the alcohol wipe, which were lit when he was reaching over to put the candle into its holder.
He added: "It was the vapours I'd imagine. There was a slow burning flame, I was in short sleeves so I was lucky.
"The hair on my arm got singed that's all so that happened to me, but if somebody else had long sleeves, it could have been serious.
"There was no pain, the alcohol burnt off rather than anything else. It was difficult to put it out but I didn't panic and I put the fire out."
Listeners were both amused and shocked by the unfortunate episode, with one asking Joe Duffy to clarify that Tim had tried to light a candle after using the wipes.
"Holy smoke", one replied.
"The Lord moves in mysterious ways", another added.
Ads Links by Easy Branches
Play online games for free at games.easybranches.com
Guest Post Services www.easybranches.com/contribute